Monday, January 30, 2012

To my precious sons and daughters...

Recently, while job searching, I was thinking about what I consider to be my calling, and hopefully someday my full-time career: Motherhood. 

I decided it would be great to start sharing my thoughts, lessons learned, recipes found, and mistakes made with my future children as they are happening. So I started a journal written to them, my unborn sons and daughters. 

As I was reading it the other day, my own words reminded me of Truth I needed. I hope it does the same for you.
Here's my first journal entry to my beloveds:

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Precious Sons and Daughters,
Though I do not yet know you, I know for sure that I deeply love you. I can already say this because I know a few things about you. 
           First, I know that you are not only made in the likeness of Kevin and me, though that is true. On a grander and much more significant level, you are made in the likeness of our Almighty God. I love Him, and I so love the way you reflect Him.
           Second, the Father, His Son Jesus, and His Holy Spirit love you more than I ever can or will. Please never forget this. Cling to it daily, remind yourself moment by moment that you are luxuriously cherished by your Creator, by your Savior, and by the Helper sent to guide and lead you on this earth. Remind yourself consistently that there is nothing you can ever do to earn this love, or win favor with the Lord. You are loved by no merit of your own (we ALL are). We must choose to follow the Lord’s commands as a response to being so loved, not because we must do what is good to earn this love. There is nothing we can do, but trust in what Jesus already DID.
Because of this Truth, I know I already love you, and True Love means leading someone more toward Christ.
You are loved. I love this Truth. I struggle to believe it. I yearn to know it more, to let it sink deep into my heart and affect my every thought, word and action. I hope by the time you come along, I believe it more solidly than I do now.
This is why this is my favorite worship song; I must remind myself that Jesus paid it all.

Jesus Paid it All
By Elvina Hall

I hear the Savior say,
 “Thy strength indeed is small;
 Child of weakness, watch and pray,
 Find in Me thine all in all.”

Jesus paid it all, 
All to Him I owe;
 Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I, 
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
 I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.

Jesus paid it all,
 All to Him I owe;
 Sin had left a crimson stain,
 He washed it white as snow.

And now complete in Him, 
My robe, His righteousness,
 Close sheltered ’neath His side,
 I am divinely blest.

Jesus paid it all, 
All to Him I owe;
 Sin had left a crimson stain, 
He washed it white as snow.

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
 Can change the leper’s spots 
And melt the heart of stone.

Jesus paid it all,
 All to Him I owe;
 Sin had left a crimson stain,
 He washed it white as snow.

When from my dying bed
, My ransomed soul shall rise,
 “Jesus died my soul to save, ”
Shall rend the vaulted skies.

Jesus paid it all, 
All to Him I owe;
 Sin had left a crimson stain,
 He washed it white as snow.

And when before the throne, 
I stand in Him complete, 
I’ll lay my trophies down, 
All down at Jesus’ feet.

*Other versions add this wonderful section:

Oh Praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!

You can build your life upon the Truth of Jesus’ love for you, and you will see everything change. This is my greatest prayer for you.

I love you so much,
Mommy

P.S. I pray I live long through out all of your lives, but when my time comes, please remember to play this song at my funeral. 




1 comment:

  1. i've always thought this was a good idea. but the task is so daunting i've never begun. i'll just stick to scrapbooking for now. :) you have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete