Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home is where the art is

Before Kevin had graduated from Cal Poly, we used to throw around the idea of where we would like to live as post-grads. I don't know how many times we said the phrase, "We'll live anywhere from San Luis Obispo to San Diego...EXCEPT FOR LOS ANGELES!"

Then the Lord was very clear in calling us to LA, and I can say with out hesitation that I'm glad He is in control and that nothing is a surprise to Him. Kevin's job is so perfectly suited to his talents AND preferences, and we have actually been loving all the big city has to offer.

This weekend we ventured to Downtown La, specifically to the Arts District with my college roommate Colby, (who, get this, by chance ended up taking a job in Torrance and living less than 4 miles away from our place. What are the odds!) Anyway, the Arts District seemed like something you would see in a movie, and you probably have. There were "Notice of Filming" Postings all over the street and photo shoots happening at every corner.

We ate lunch at a pie place...sweet or savory, this place makes them all, and fabulously. I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area and in the mood for pie. If you're like me, you're probably in the mood for pie 100% of the time. Check out The Pie Hole and beware of mouth watering.

Here's some photos I snapped on our walk from the car, and some inside The Pie Hole:

Who invited you, telephone pole? 
Seemingly the one place in LA where graffiti is not painted over.

Man Beast. Naturally.

Insert philosophical caption about industrialization at odds with nature.

Seems welcoming enough.
Notice the little hearts. Adorb a schmorb.

Colby- more adorb than little hearts.
I am so in love with their logo!

Kevin and I split a bomb.com Chicken Pot Pie and a Macaroni and Cheese Pie. As you can see, there wasn't much any left.

Like I said- adorable. 

Succulents and scrumptious pie. Timeless.

All dreamy eyed over my Mexican Chocolate Pie. Seriously so good.

Sorry, Kevin, we're not sharing.

Fighting over the last few bites. Just kidding.

The wolf pack. It's shocking how many pictures we have like this.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, and learning (like we are) to always be open to what the Lord has for you, even if it's on your "Will never do" list.

2 comments:

  1. Tiff, those are some great shots! I am so excited to come visit and adventure with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lo! I can't wait for more fun times with you! :D

      Delete