Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Great Armoire Search

Well, thank you for your patience! We're finally back!

Kevin and I made the move to Redondo Beach, shoved everything haphazardly into our apartment and left to play "Driving Ping-Pong" between Lake Forest and Riverside for Christmas. It was a wonderful holiday spent with family. Oh, and plenty of this for Kevin from airsoft:
Because we sold most of our furniture before moving, I have become a Craigslist feign lately. For now, I'll show you the item of furniture I am most proud of.

I was looking for an armoire to house our TV (I love being able to shut the doors so the TV isn't in sight all the time). While browsing, I ran across this beauty:
I really wanted it, but the owner listed it as 25" on the inside, and we need at least 32" to fit our TV. I was pretty bummed. So I kept looking, and we even met some people to look at their armoires, but once I had seen this, nothing looked as wonderful.

I kept going back to this picture and saying to Kev, "That is NOT 25 inches! It would totally fit our TV!" But I didn't know how to send an email to the owner saying, "Um, excuse me, you measured wrong." That seemed so rude.

I mustered up the courage and emailed the guy, asking if he thought there was any way my TV would fit, but he replied saying that it wouldn't. Defeated.

But then! About 10 minutes later, he messaged me saying that he re-measured and it would fit!

I KNEW I was right, and now it's ours for only $95!
Love the rustic details!

The door knobs are just our style!

Another thing I love: We can bang it up, and it only adds to the charm!

Just as I thought, there's our TV. Totally fitting.
Hope you had a great holiday, and thanks for being patient with us!

4 comments:

  1. Tiffany! I am so glad you are blogging. This is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a great piece!! Thanks for sharing! We should be on the lookout for something similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your armoire search! I know it's out there! :)

      Delete