Monday, January 16, 2012

While we're on the topic of pie...

Since my last Blog Post was about the awesome pie place we visited, I thought I would keep the theme going by highlighting a great pie-related garage sale find.
$10 Pie Safe.

This item isn't a recent find, but it is one of my favorites, and something we hope to keep the rest of our lives. We bought this at a ranch garage sale right after getting married when we were settling into our Atascadero home. All the lady we bought it from told us was that it was old and used for cooling pies.

Today I did some research and found out that they are called "Pie Safes". They are handmade by the Amish and retail for anywhere from $500 to $1,000. Wow. That's a purely lucky find.

Every Pie Safe that I found had that same exact tin face on the door. 
On top of our pie safe, I've been growing desperately trying to keep alive my Basil.

Remember this bird cage from this post? It served as our card holder at our wedding. 

Next to my Basil I placed some trinkets kevin made for me when we were dating. I love them.

Big pirate joke fans.

This was a Christmas present. Too good.
So, have you jumped on the Craigslist/Garage Sale bandwagon yet? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment