Monday, February 13, 2012

Prepare for Blair!

It's been a while since I've posted and I have a few good excuses, but I'll spare you. You're welcome.

This weekend I helped my awesome mother-in-law "Mama Pope" with a baby shower for my sister-in-law Natalie, who is 32 weeks pregant! It was so much fun, and so evident that Baby Blair will have a lot of people loving on her, especially her Aunt Tiffany!

Here are the few details I contributed:

The clash of soft pastels and a Mexican restaurant.
The baby shower was held at El Torito Grill, so Mama Pope and I had quite a challenge of transforming a bright orange Mexican theme room into a sweet, angelic, pastel celebration for a sweet bundle of joy.
Mason jars wrapped in lace and spray painted.
I saw this idea on pinterest.com, and had to try it. I first tried it on round vases, but the lace didn't lay perfectly flat, and obviously the paint didn't stencil the lace crisply. The mason jars worked great because the sides of the jar are relatively flat, and the wrapped lace was flush against the glass. I'm going to try this with white spray paint for our home soon!

Another pinterest idea...
I found a template for this on pinterest.com, but it was "Wishes for Baby". I replaced the word "wish" with "pray", which worked beautifully considering "Prayer" just so happens to rhyme with "Blair". I've loved reading the responses, and am binding it to give back to Mama.
I bought a Martha Stewart pom kit at Michael's, and while I was there, found some green paper lanterns, which I sprayed pink. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's also covered in glitter.

The head table filled with goodies and gorgeous pictures of Natalie.

Ugh, this was hard to photograph for short little me, but I used an old book from a thrift store (The Divine Comedy..ha!) to make a banner that said, "Welcoming Blair"

Of course, the letters are coated in glitter.

Another pinterest idea that I stole.
 I really can't come up with anything on my own, can I?  They're popcorn bags that say, "Ready to POP!". Without a cricut, I was left to trace and cut each pregnant silhouette individually. My hand is still cramping.

Pink Kettle Corn. So easy to make!

Natalie got some really precious gifts, and was seriously glowing! What a beautiful mom-to-be!

Have a wonderfully romantic Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww! I heart this post! :) Thanks again for such a wonderful job! I totally forgot we were at el torito because you transformed it so well!

    ReplyDelete