Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Last 2 Years ~ Part 2

Kevin and I began to fight about the business. A lot. Though I should preface that with the fact that I have a very empathic and calm husband, so "fighting" is more like "serious discussions". His heart was for me to take on a job with a reliable paycheck, and he was right. But I had felt so burnt out by my last job. So used and undervalued and squeezed in every way that I wanted to be my own boss. I was willing to give up everything for that, but not my marriage. And one night after a particularly difficult conversation with Kevin, I went out for a walk. I'm not proud to admit I was steaming. And then, through the wise words of my mother on the other end of the phone, the Lord spoke truth to me and changed the whole situation.

"Is this business more imporant than your marriage?"

I came back inside humbled and repentant, and God restored what my pride had been ripping apart.

I began the next day looking for a job, and God displayed his good and perfect plan and control once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment