Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Last 2 Years ~ Part 3

I aplied to all kinds of jobs. But the only, ONLY jobs I heard any response back from were preschool jobs. You see, most of my experience is in teaching preschool, and my degree is Psychology and Child Development. But I didn't want to teach preschool anymore. It's a hard job. The days long, the pay low, the benefits non-existant.

And yet, this was the Lord's best for me. I worked in long and short term sub positions from January 2013 until June 2013. Kevin and I continued saving to buy a home, meeting with our church group and visiting family as often as possible.

I also continued begging Kevin to start trying for kids. I've expressed in past posts about how being a mother is all I've ever wanted to do with my life, and during these years I felt like I was searching for some sort of next best career to fill my time with. But he didn't want to consider having children until we had bought a house to bring them home to, and he was right.

But it was hard to live with. At this point in my life, I really wasn't functioning the way a woman should function. I never really had. So for me, the idea of starting to try to have kids was just getting the ball rolling on what I was convinced would be a long, painful process that inevitably ended with us adopting. But instead I waited, and cried, and prayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment