Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Last 2 Years ~ Part 4

In June 2013 I accepted a permanent teaching position at a small Christian preschool, and life continued for a few months. Then Kevin felt he had grown all he possibly could working for Robinson Helicopter, and we watched as the housing market began to ever so slowly climb. It seemed like the right time to both find a new job and buy a house.

I remember one Sunday evening, driving back to South Bay LA after spending the weekend in Riverside with Kevin's family. I don't remember who brought it up. It almost seemed simultaneous. But somehow we started talking about moving to Riverside. The house would be cheaper. We could be near Kevin's family. Kevin could work for the family  business. We could never have to move again. We would actually be closer to my family, but my mother could be crushed. Even with all the positives associated with moving to Riverside, thoughts of my mom feeling like we chose Kevin's family over her encouraged us to keep things quiet.

We continued saving and working and trusting the Lord, and also browsing Riverside home listings.

I kept waiting, begging, crying, and praying for children, all the while thinking of my body that had proved lacking in one of the major necessary components for bearing children. I prepared myself for what the journey could look like when Kevin was ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment