Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Last 2 Years ~ Part 1

Tonight, or I suppose now this morning (it's hard to keep track anymore), I had the urge to write a blog entry. But guilt tapped on my shoulder, reminding me that it has been over 2 years since I've written a post on this blog, and I can't just start with the now and skip over everything that happened in the middle.

I thought about starting a new blog. Toyed with the idea of deleting all my old posts and beginning fresh. But then I read through those old posts, and though they annoyed me and often made me cringe, they are a genuine representation of our early days and months. Destroying them would be destroying a piece of history that I could never retrieve.

And I want this blog to be genuine, even if that wasn't my highest intention before. So instead, they remain, and I will attempt to quickly update all that has happened so I may begin writing in the moment again.

Last I wrote, Kevin and I were starting an interior organizing business. I had so much fun with it. Well, with the concept of it. I loved designing the logo, making business cards, setting up my office, and spending hours of "research" time in The Container Store.




I continued my nanny job, but we moved to a town father away to live in a house, and the drive became horrible. I would get home with usually less than an hour before Kevin went to bed, and it was so difficult.

Moving in to our house in San Pedro, Ca

Plus the job was extremely hard on me emotionally. So because children were involved, I gave the family about 4 months to adjust and find someone for me to train before leaving. I ended that job in October of 2012 with the intention of taking on Grace Interior Organizing full time.
I continued to work on marketing materials for the company and did organizing projects for family and friends. It's hard for me still to sort through exactly what happened next, but I know the Lord is sovereign, and it was for my good, even if I don't understand or, truthfully, remember how it came to pass.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment