Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Last 2 Years ~ Part 7

Kevin's job was stressful. He would work long days, and with a traffic-filled commute, he sometimes would be gone 12 hours a day, and I never knew exactly when he would be home.

In addition to this, I had morning sickness, which is really a horrible name for the all-day-all-night nausea I felt. I never actually threw up, but I wanted to constantly. I assumed throwing up would being some measure of relief, even if temporary. Nothing brought relief. I had a hard time standing and eating.

I remember feeling like a horrible wife when Kevin would come home to me on the couch, green in the face, with the lunch I couldn't get myself to eat still on the coffee table, dishes and laundry undone. I felt so miserable.

What's worse, Kevin would come home so stressed about work. It consumed him. He was so miserable.

When you're husband is stressed and pushed to his limit, all you want as a wife is to provide him with a home that brings him peace and calm. I hated not being physically able to do that. I wished I could just remove the stress, but getting through my own day physically was more than i could handle.

We barely talked about the baby, but it was all I ever thought about. Sometimes in a dreamy, excited way, but really, for the first 14 weeks, in a panicked, "Lord, please keep this baby growing inside me!" Way.

Things with Kevin's job got worse and worse. I continued to feel physically defeated, and worried about what life with a newborn alone for 12 hours and a stressed husband would be like.

We prayed. We prayed so much for deliverance. We trusted in the Lord's perfect plan.

But I continued to be debilitatingly sick, and Kevin continued to be completely overwhelmed and consumed at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment