Monday, December 19, 2011

Movin' On!

This is the week! Kevin and are moving from Atascadero, Ca (just outside of San Luis Obispo) to Redondo Beach, Ca. This move is so bittersweet. Kevin and I met while attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, have started to grow roots in our amazing church, and have made some really cherished friendships up here. On top of that, we absolutely love the area. We live on a large plot of land owned by our landlord filled with geese, chickens, roosters, dogs, spiders (eek!) and a small vineyard. Both of our neighbors have horses, and the view couldn't be more peaceful.

A few nights ago, Kevin and I prayed and moistened our pillows with tears, but we feel ready and excited to make the move. It's a blessing, and we're trusting the Lord with all of our fears, and our broken hearts about leaving our dear friends. 

On the sweet side of the bittersweet transition, we'll be moving closer to family (mine in Irvine and his in Riverside) and Kevin has a great job waiting for him in Torrance. I'm sure after we settle in, these good things will outweigh the things we miss.

Here's what we are moving away from:

The view from our little country studio.

Our front yard...Don't let the sun fool you. It's been 20 degrees most mornings when I leave for work.

Jack Frost has come to visit a lot!

Garage sale shelf with some country decor and reused wedding decorations. Decor layout executed by Kevin.

Remember these table numbers from our wedding? Now they display our wedding date.

Kevin helped me scuff up this table that looked way too polished for us country bumpkins! Ironically, I then polished our "unpolished" table.

I've painted this mirror three times since I bought it, and this time I painted it white and sponged a filigree stencil on.

I love our fluffy white duvet, and I love that I can bleach it!

One of our favorite gifts from our wedding. I wish I could label my side of the covers.

I love these white pieces of decor, and that my flowers hadn't died by the time this picture was taken.

I bought this armoire from a friend in college for $10 and painted it white. No joke, when we sold it for the move, the lady we sold it to told us it will be used a chinchilla house.

We're going to miss our little country home, but are so excited to furnish and decorate a new place! Pictures of our new place coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. aw this was a sweet post. i remember moving away from SLO. it was hard. but being near family is so rewarding. plus SLO is an awesome place to visit often! and i know a couple of people who would go with you... :) good luck moving in today! I've been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete